I had a vision a few weeks ago. I started this post so I could document a few of the details, but I've been waiting to finish it to see if I would get more clarity about some of the meaning behind it.
The setting was my dormatory. There was an impending invasion and there was nothing I could do to prevent it. You need a key card to enter, but the evil that was waiting right outside the doors would soon have the ability to pass through without access.
There were two key people there: My dad and my friend, Brenda. They were using two means of warding off evil. My dad was using kindness. He was at the door and was quietly and calmly talking to the evil (the evil was a handsome man. I knew he was the one who would tell the rest of evil they could enter). Brenda had a different way. She had a bunch of papers and documents with facts and stories. She was proving her case and trying to teach people about why she could ward off evil with experience, stories, and facts.
There was an eerie sense of calmness about the dorm...even though we knew people were going to die...we also knew that people could leave if they wanted to. I couldn't understand why anyone would stay when they had the choice to just leave. All they had to do was walk out the front door, but some were choosing to suffer. Even I, who knew the truth, had a desire to stay. I knew I could take my family and my beagle, but it was still hard to leave my stuff and the people who wanted to stay. The last thing I remember before waking up was grabing my toothbrush (so weird), maybe I knew I had to get up soon and brush my teeth or maybe you can brush your teeth in heaven (in my heaven, you would) :) I'm not sure, but then I woke up.
After a few weeks of processing what the possibile meaning behind this dream is...three things seem to keep popping up in my mind:
First, I need to pray for all of my residents.
Second, things don't matter - people do, but it's really hard for us humans to fully embrace that. I don't know if this side of heaven, we really ever will. I suppose we have different levels of importance linked to our "things", but the more we understand that people are more valuable than stuff - the closer, I believe, we will understand the heart of Jesus.
Third, and in my opinion, most importantly-there are different ways to love God and people and they are all attacks on evil. My dad is kind. Anything outside of goodness hurts him deeply; almost to the point that evil and sickness and mean spiritedness paralyze him. He will be rewarded someday for his soft heart and kindess. I know it.
My friend, Brenda loves in a different way. She reads, researches, teaches, and invests in people and because of that...she attacks evil with knowledge, honesty, and being intentional.
I couldn't stop thinking about a scene from the final Harry Potter while I wrote this. There was/is a lot of contradictions in religious circles about Harry Potter. For me, Harry Potter isn't about wizards and magic; it is a 7 book battle between Good and evil (similar to how I process The Lord of the Rings Trilogy). Whether or not we like it...evil exists. It's terrifying and awful and it's sometimes easier to pretend it doesn't, but it does.
I attached a link. Start at 1:16. It's the final battle between good and evil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_S-XrrRtn4
and just when you think everything is hopeless...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8C_3OA8eso&NR=1&feature=endscreen
Neville Longbottom has an epic speech:
"It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die every day...friends, family. We lost Harry tonight, but he didn't die in vain, but you will, because you are wrong."
If you want to see the rest - you'll have to watch the movie. I'm sure some things are confusing, because there are a lot of books and movies wrapped up in these two clips, but you get the point. Evil exists. There's a battle, every day, between Good and evil. Sometimes, while we're here, evil wins the little battles, but in the end...I BELIEVE...in the end that the final war will be handed over to our Creator and those that believe in Him.
If you take away different revelations from this dream - please post them! I'd love to hear your perspectives.
*t
No comments:
Post a Comment