Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thrifting 101 with Professor W.

When I find a steal ~ I imagine it feels like when a man brings home a prized buck or something (ps I'm so glad J's not a hunter). It's a new adventure trying to find clothing that fits me and looks like me and is cute - with an extra 5 pound bump hanging out in front of me (that's only going to get bigger!). I'm way too practical to go out and purchase loads of legit pregnancy clothing (plus it's expensive and mostly, ugly)...so my version of that is to find comfortable, cute, oversized, hipster inspired (like I might go to a concert later...or maybe go read my latest novel at the coffee shop) look. I thought I would share it with you ~ and maybe even continue to share my great finds! I looked up the brands of what I purchased on line and compared prices and I'll tell you where I found each item. I spent $124.79 and bought 11 items. I found the items online and added them up (Get Ready For This: They totaled $642.99!!!). That means I saved $518.20 off the original prices! I bought two pairs of boots. Living in the frozen tundra...you really do need great boots and coats. I always wait to buy until they are at least half of what their original prices were. Here are pictures of what I bought and a few of me in everything (I can't wait to mix and match and add accessories):

Everything I got for baby bump and me:
Chinese Laundry Beige Wedge Boots $170.00 (I paid 39.99 at TJMaxx)
American Eagle Black Wedge Boots $79.50 (I paid 18.00 at Plato's Closet)
Isabella Oliver Black Maternity Cami $65.00 (a sweet friend gave me this for free)
Old Navy Beige Dress $24.00 (I paid 4.80 at Plato's Closet)
Nine West Zippered Tights $12.00 (I paid 4.99 at TJMaxx)
Wet Seal Floral Ruffled Dress $26.50 (I paid 6.40 at Plato's Closet)
Candy Rain Graphic Tank $16.00 (I paid 4.80 at Plato's Closet)
Canyon River for JCPenney Cotton Long Sleeve Tee $19.99 (I paid 4.80 at Plato's Closet)
Old Navy Button Up Cardigan $42.50 (I paid 11.20 at Plato's Closet)






I even picked up a few things for the Mister:
Levi's 527 Boot Cut Jeans $54.00 (I paid 9.60 at Plato's Closet)
J Crew Red Chambray Utility Shirt $98.00 (I paid 4.80 at Plato's Closet)
Arizona Flannel $35.00 (I paid 17.01 at JCPenney)


feeling very proud of my purchases,
*t
ps: isn't bump w. so cute?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud and impressed!

    We must go to this Plato's Closet together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspire me to keep on thriftin'! Great finds, mama! :)

    ReplyDelete