Sunday, April 4, 2010

an easter love letter

"A good person gives life to others; the wise person teaches others how to live." (Proverbs 11:30)
Thank you, Precious Jesus for being the perfect example of what it means to be fully human and to sacrifice for love. I will never know exactly what you endured for my Life so long ago...and I fear that if I did...I would live in a constant state of guilt. It was pure tragedy. It was an example of what our sinful human nature is capable of. I am sorry. Sorry that I don't live my life in a constant state of gratitude. I am grateful and passionate about living a life that teaches others how to live in your Love. I know that you use me in spite of myself. That the blessed life I have lived can be used for good and as an example. My ultimate failure comes from selfishness...from not taking time to build a deeper relationship with you. I need that to be useful. Please help me to be stronger than my spiritual laziness. I find myself so caught up in the mundane "to do's" of life, and you still bless me. I am humbled by your grace and your ability to forgive. Keep working on me, God. I am a constant project. Don't give up.

People are, and have always been, fearful of having their freedom taken from them. Faith has given me complete freedom to live this life with a goal. Do you know what it's like to not have something to look forward to? To just live day to day to day with the main goal of just making it through each day? You, Father, are so much more than what this life has to offer. Knowing that you are my ultimate goal. You are the reason that we are here. You are the reason for Love. This choice does not relinquish my "right" to freedom...it's given me the opportunity to feel purpose on an intimate/every moment level. Thank you!

Help me to see people as you do. To continue to work through the friendships, family, and marriage that you've given me. Constantly be a part of my thoughts, actions, and words. You are good. You are forgiving. You are brave. You are appreciated.
I love you and I'm thankful to be a part of this world that you've allowed; for now.

XOXO,
Tara Lee Westerman
PS HAPPY EASTER ~

1 comment:

  1. WOW... very well said. I want that to me my prayer as well!!!
    Hugs,
    Mom K.

    ReplyDelete