Saturday, November 19, 2011

baby w's new library.

Today, two of my sweet RA's and friends (Brandon and Sherri) threw me a baby book brunch. They hand wrote the invites, made delicious food (all of the yummy things I have been craving), had decaf coffee as an option (for the baby), organized two games, brought fresh flowers, and had Christmas music playing...precious, precious people. I sometimes just sit and marvel at the realization that this child gets to have these people in it's life. I'm going to let their books and notes do the talking:

Grandpa Vande Pol - Baby's Hug.A.Bible

Grammy Cindy - Ten Wriggly, Wiggly Caterpillars

Caleb (RA first two years) & Kayla Coffee - Home Sweet Tree

Becca Urban (RA this year) - Sam and the Firefly

Staci Spilde (RA last two years) - The Rainbow Fish

Rachel Dewey (RA last two years) - Corduroy "Baby W, Your mommy and daddy are going to be so blessed by you. And you are so blessed that they are your parents. I hope you enjoy reading this book with them." With Love, Rachel Dewey

Emma Mogen (RA this year) - Skippyjon Jones; Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners "Baby W, I love you already. I can't wait to watch you grow into the beautiful person you will be." Love, Emma Mogen

Nathan Schlatter & Nathan Woodward (Lost Boys) - Love You Forever "I picked this book for you because it shows that unfailing love a mother has for her child. Even though the little boy drove her crazy...she never stopped loving him. That is why I love this book because it reminded me that even through the worst fights I had with my mother I knew before she went to bed she would sing me this song. It also reminds me of God's love and how we drive Him crazy with all we do, but that never keeps Him from loving us, even though we don't deserve it. God longs to hold us and comfort us because He loves us always. Just like you will do with your new baby." - Love, Nathan Schlatter
"I picked this book because it expresses the love that my mother had for me and continues to have! I know that you will be that same mother because of the love you already show your "USF kids"! My mother had cancer and was not supposed to have me and when she did she couldn't let go of me. I want to be that for my mother when she gets old and your child will feel exactly the same! You have helped me in my journey with the Lord and I can't be thankful enough. I love you!" - Nathan Woodward

Kyle Simons (RA this year) - Five Little Monkeys Reading in Bed "To Baby W: Hope you enjoy this book and listen a little better
than these monkeys! You have always been there for me when I needed you, and been able to put a smile on my face. This baby (girl) is sooo lucky to be going into such a great family." - Kyle

Ben Ashwood (co-worker and friend) - Where the Sidewalk Ends "Child of the world: You are loved. You are blessed. You are free." - Love, Ben Ashwood

Sherri Jergenson (RA first two years) - Chrysanthemum "Dear Baby W, I loved this book when I was a little girl and to this day it is still one of my favorites. When you get to be Chrysanthemum's age and kids may tease you, or others, just remember that God made you just the way you are and you are perfect to Him. He loves you so much. I hope that you find the joy in reading what I discovered as a little girl. I love you (even though I don't know you yet)." - Sherri Jergenson

Grant Schouten - D.W. Says Please and Thank You

Kate Friesen (RA first two years) - Adventures of Frog and Toad "I hope you and mom and dad and Gus have man great adventures with Frog and Toad. We're looking forward to meeting you! Be safe, Love and Many Blessings, Kate".

Dani Alden (RA first year) - Peter Pan and Wendy "So! My goal was to get a neutral book for you and baby w. but then all i had was girly flower confetti...so maybe that is a sign! Well...I love that you are going to be a mommy and you're going to do such a great job - you've already been such a model in my life and I just know it'll be the same in this case. You are amazing and I can't wait to be BFF with your child and read this book to them someday YAY! I love love you and your future baby! KBYE!" - Dani

Laura Anderson - The Poky Little Puppy & Scuffy the Tugboat (Laura also donated a book from Barnes to a child in need-in baby w's name).

Karen Sumner (dean, friend, aunt) - The echidna and the shade tree "Love you already! Love, Auntie K."

Alex Heinert (fellow RD and friend) - Berenstain Bears: Go Out For The Team and Berenstain Bears: Go To Camp "Baby W, Just because your dad loves sports doesn't mean you have to, too...but maybe you can pretend now and then if you don't, ok? For his sake." and "Because someday, you'll go to summer camp And maybe you'll be scared...and maybe you won't want to go...but your parents (who love you) will probably make you...and you'll have the time of your life!" - Alex

Matt Harsch (RA last two years) - Richard Scarry's Best Little Word Book Ever! and The TV Chipmunks "To Baby W. From, Uncle Matt."

Tina Spade (fellow RD and friend) - I Just Forgot, Just Me and My Dad, Just Shopping with Mom "Congratulations! You two are going to be phenomenal parents. Your little peanut is going to be so loved and adored. I can't wait to meet this little peanut. The Mercer Mayer series was a favorite of mine growing up, so here's a start to your collection. Much love, Tina."

TJ Wagar (RA this year) - The Family Storybook Treasury: Tales of Laughter, Curiosity and Fun "Dear Baby, These are all awesome stories I read to my little sister when she was born. I hope you like Curious George as much as I did. Drink milk and eat your vegetables (no matter how gross they are) so you can grow big and strong. God bless! Your bro in Christ, TJ Wagar."

Brandon Hanson (RA last two years) - The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs "Dear Mama T and Baby W, This book is one of my favorites. You are also one of my favorites so it just seems right that you should have it. Mama, I cannot think of a better or more prepared person to be entering mother hood. Baby W, you are the luckiest baby in the world. Jer and Tara are going to be the best parents you could ask for. Mama T, you have been a very significant role model to me and a best friend. I am so excited to see how God is going to use you and Jer in Baby W's life. Best of luck to all three of you. Hope you all enjoy the true story of the 3 little pigs, Brandon."

Humbled Loved and Encouraged,
t*

No comments:

Post a Comment