Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cheers to Peter and Mandi Good


You started your story with broken hearts. Look how far you've come. You helped each other heal and have learned what it means to cohesively be yourselves and be in love. Your story has been so much fun to watch. It was almost as if, in spite of how hard you tried, you couldn't help but fall for each other. Thank you for taking Jeremy and I along for the ride. Thank you for being open and honest about your struggles, concerns, and joys. That honesty will help you challenge each other during harder times and encourage you during blissful times.
Your wedding was so perfectly you! Intimate, elegant, tasteful, and intentional. Peter, you said that being with Mandi made you feel content and silly. You are one of the most loyal men I have ever known. In a world where marriage and vows and loyalty seem to be slipping into the grey - I am encouraged by this quality you have always seemed to possess.
Mandi, you are so careful with the people you love. You always make sure everyone is taken care of and know how much you love them. Even in your wedding dress - on a day where you have a "free pass" to be consumed with yourself - you took time to pull me aside and tell me how much you appreciated me and not only that, but how much you appreciated Jeremy's friendship to Peter. We're always teaching each other things...I love that about us. You teach me to be more patient with my family. Sometimes they can be the people that we feel the most connected to, but the most critical of. You are kind of like glue. You keep people in check, taken care of, and when everyone is falling a part - you pull them all close and remind them that love conquers all differences. Thank you for being my friend. For loving Peter. For complimenting me. For teaching me how to be a better woman.
Cheers to your new life, Peter and Mandi Good. Jeremy and I believe that you are a great match. It's something we don't see often, but when we do, it's almost so sweet you can taste it!

2 comments:

  1. That was the sweetest most sincere compliment you could of received. That's a True friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    The more I get to know you the more you amaze me! Thank you so much for taking time to write this. Peter and I couldn't have been blessed with a more special couple to be in our lives and that we can call our best friends. I can't wait to make more memories with you guys. And... Peter and I are still thinking of ideas of how to convince you 2 to head down South :) Love you lylas!

    ReplyDelete