Sunday, March 7, 2010

the ultimate agenda

Sometimes it feels like I'm always waiting...

for the next best thing
to figure out where to live, where to work, when to start a family
on someone else's agenda
for Christ to come
for an answer
to feel ready
to be ready
to learn
for Gus to go to the bathroom (seriously this is a big deal when it's cold)
on the clock
to feel motivated
for Friday
for compromise
for fulfillment
for a great movie to come out
for a paycheck
to be entertained

You get the idea. Waiting isn't always negative, but is often paired with impatience. We want to know, to live with purpose, to be valued and pursued, and have answers. That is the intention of faith, isn't it? We don't have to see to believe, but we do have to know. I know that God's plan for my life is perfect. I know that he made me for a reason. I know that he can use me wherever I am. I know that he loves me, and that is enough...for now. I'll be ready for heaven when it comes, because waiting will be irrelevant. Things that unfortunately motivate so much of this earth will be no more: pride, injustice, power struggle, money. I can not imagine thinking that this is it. Praise God for being so much bigger than our shallowness. I am motivated, for now, by what the world has to offer, but I do know that it isn't fulfilling for a reason. Christ's agenda is what ultimately matters and I am thankful for that!
-Tar

5 comments:

  1. amen sista. waiting. wishing. hoping. the guac sounds delightful. miss you:*( we found a fabulously quaint little spa in hot springs for cheap off season. king size bed, couch, little tv, 4 HUGE windows, hardwood floors, every wall a different color. and access to the hot tub, sauna, hot sand room, showers and hot granite room, and all the tea you can drink for 115. perfect. you need to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your sweet selves through this blog! Such a good reminder to delight in this season that the Lord has prepared for us. Hugs to you both... Sarah Burton

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two make me smile! I love the blog. I love your thoughts and your reasons and your transparency--that's why we were instant friends, Tara, and I consider Jeremy an instant friend, too!
    This trip is teaching me that there are lots of extraneous things in our world, and when they aren't constantly vying for our attention, then there is time to "see" that relationships, and people are still the most important currency in life. I realize I am past the point when the decisions you are referring to have been made for me, but I totally remember the angst of "making sure I didn't make a mistake." I didn't take many risks, either. Watch for the signs, they are there to help you with decisions. There are two women here who were going to cross the Pacific, but they endured weather coming down the Baja, a 120 mph weather system which caused another boat to crash into them, the repairs are taking longer than expected, the el Nino, the tsunami warning, etc. They haven't made their final decision about crossing, but are wondering if someone is not trying to tell them something. You catch the drift. Just take the next step and live it out with all you have with love and "Gus"to!
    I miss you and our conversations and look forward to catching up! Love to you both!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. From anonymous once again...

    "From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life."
    -Arthur Ashe

    ReplyDelete
  5. momma - i'm so glad that i now know that anonymous is you! :) you have great comments!!! love you -

    ReplyDelete